If you use an email provider like iCloud, Google, or Yahoo, Mail can automatically set up your email account with just your email address and password.
Mail might be able to set up other email accounts with your email address and password, but you might need to enter your email settings manually. If you don't know your email settings, look them up or contact your email provider.
Choose your account
Set up an account automatically
After you choose your email provider, follow these steps:
- Enter your email address and password.
- Tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account.
- Choose the content you want to sync. Tap Save.
Set up an account manually
- Tap Add Account, tap Other, then tap Add Mail Account.
- Enter your name, email address, password, and a description for your account.
- Tap Next. Mail will try to find the email settings and finish your account setup. If Mail finds your email settings, tap Done to complete your account setup.
If Mail can't find your email settings, you need to enter them manually. After you enter your email address and password, tap Next, then follow these steps:
- Choose IMAP or POP for your new account. If you aren’t sure which one to choose, contact your email provider.
- Enter the information for Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server. Then tap Next. If you don't have this information, try to look it up or contact your email provider.
- If your email settings are correct, tap Save to finish. If the email settings are incorrect, you'll be asked to edit them.